Prime factorization is the technique that is used to determine the prime factors of a given number. You know, most of the time we need to know the prime factors of any given number, but if you are unaware of this concept then I am sorry to inform you that you need to understand the prime factorization of 24 first.
Factors of 24:
To know the prime factors of a given number you need to calculate the product of each of the digits in that number. And when we multiply each digit by itself, then the result will be a perfect square. If the result is not a perfect square, then you need to repeat the process again and again till you get the perfect square.
1.This process is called factoring a number. Here we will learn about the basic steps involved in factoring a number. Let’s see how to factor a number using a simple example: Example 1: Suppose we have the number
2. The first step would be to find out all the prime factors of
3. In this case, the prime factors are 2, 4, 3, and
4. So we can write 1234 = 2 × 4 × 3 ×
5. Now let’s multiply the digits by themselves. We have:
Now, let us take an example of the number 24.
The prime factors for 24 are 2 and 3, as the product of the two digits is a perfect square, i.e. 12 x 12.
1.And we can also find the other prime factor. For example, 5 x 4 = 20, and so on. In fact, all the prime factors of 24 are 2, 3 and 5, so it can be represented by the binary number 0000 0001, or decimal
2. Thus, the binary representation of the number 24 is 0010, which means that the base 10 representation of 24 is
3. And the base 10 representation of 24 is
4. A: Yes, in general, you should use this convention.
So, I hope that you understood the concept of prime factorization of a given number. You must have seen many problem in your class and if you were stuck in any problem, then this tip will be of great help to you.